Elephant first. Sorry for what turned out to be blatant lies in that last post. I’ll go into more detail about that in a later post (for real this time).
Just a very quick state-of-the-book update (again, I promise more details shortly):
Sorry, folks, but this is the post I was hoping I wouldn’t have to make.
(Just to clarify – I’m not deceased and this isn’t an auto-post-in-case-I’m-dead sort of thing. The books will keep flowing.)
However, like the subject said, I’ve had to make a tough decision.
To put it succinctly, I’ve decided to delay Artifice: Episode Four until the beginning of January.
I’m well and truly sorry about this, everyone. I really am.
The rationale behind this is as follows: Continue reading
Just re-published the book with the new cover/name/description on Amazon.
Unfortunately, this is what it says for the title:
Strange New World: Artifice: Episode One
How did that happen?
There are two fields in the book details page – “Book Name” and “Subtitle”.
Originally, I only had “Artifice: Episode One” in the “Book Name” field, and “Subtitle was blank. Now, I punched in “Strange New World” in the “Book Name” field, and “Artifice: Episode One” in the “Subtitle” field, thinking that all would be okay.
The slightly frustrating part? I can’t change it for a few more hours – have to wait until the changes have propagated out to all the Amazon stores/sites before I can go back and edit it again…
I’ll change the “Book Title” to “Strange New World (Artifice: Episode One)” tomorrow sometime, and leave “Subtitle” blank.
So, if you’re ever in a spot where you need to do this in the future with one of your books, learn from my lesson.
I promised it, and I’m about to deliver (in about a week or so).
I just submitted a design contest for Artifice: Episode One on 99Designs. We’ll see what magic happens.
Also, if anyone was bored enough to read the brief for the design contest, you’ll also know that Episode One will now have a title of “Strange New World”. I’ll admit that it’s not the most creative or non-cliche title. In any case, it can always be changed if I think of something else during the week.
For those who are curious, Episode Two’s title is still in the air, but I’ve more or less decided on “Oncoming Storm” for Episode Three. Episode Four will be titled “Breached Gates”.
[Edited Dec 11, 2013]
It’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for.
I’ve just submitted Episode Three to all the usual retailers, and it should be live and available for purchase shortly. Here’s a breakdown of what’s happening:
- Smashwords: Currently live and available
Submitted and waiting for their automated vetting process to finish. I’m hoping that this happens before I wake up tomorrow. But, it could possibly take until Thursday. Edit: Now available!
- Kobo: Submitted.
This is the first time I’ve published straight to Kobo, so I’m not sure what to expect. Hopefully before Thursday. Now available as well!
- Barnes & Noble:
This is being distributed to them via a third-party aggregator, and has to go through a vetting process. Unfortunately, that could mean a wait of up to two weeks… Edit: Surprise! Looks like B&N beat Amazon to the punch. Now available.
- Sony, Diesel, iBookstore: See Barnes & Noble above…
Once the majority of the major retailers have it in stock, I’ll be sending out an email to all of you on the New Release Mailing List.
Haven’t posted in a while, so just wanted to pop in and confirm that I’m not dead. Been a crazy few weeks, and both the wife and I have been working some long hours – In fact, just got home from work and it’s currently 10:30PM. However, looks like the crazy rush is over for me – I hope.
So, going to have more time to write again. Good news is that [after a few edits] I’m fairly happy with the beginning of the book, and am expecting to have a sample up here by the weekend. Any feedback will be appreciated.
Well, I’m off to try to get another few pages done before I faceplant the keyboard. Wish me luck.
Also, remember – I’d really appreciate it if you’d leave a review of Episodes One and/or Two at Amazon/B&N/Smashwords/etc.
Just a few quick updates:
- I’ve recently got quite a lot of feedback regarding Episode Two. While they were generally positive, one recurring theme seemed to be that readers were sometimes getting lost in a sea of characters and subplots. Now, because I will be selling Episode Three, I’d rather it be worthy of the [small] price tag that’ll be attached to it. To that end, I’m going to be doing some rework on Episode Three, which will push the release date to around mid-October at the earliest.
- However, there is some good news! There will be a special “Halloween Episode” short story released in mid-October. This was actually an entry that was written for a contest, which ended up evolving into what was basically a “Simpson’s Halloween Episode” for Artifice – basically, the story contains the same characters, but it’s totally non-canon – i.e. Homer isn’t actually a vampire in the next “normal” episode. This Halloween Episode will be released for free.
- Also, just got around to watching the final three episodes of Burn Notice on the PVR. Not a happy camper. More on this later this week. Bedtime now.
Until next time.