Great work, guys – Artifice: Episode Two is now free for us Canucks. I’ve updated the links on the right to reflect this.
Also, remember to please leave a review for my books at the place you downloaded them. They REALLY help.
Thanks again, folks.
Hi again, everyone!
Just another quick update:
- Sony: Now available.
- Google: Still waiting…
- Amazon.com/.co.uk/.ca: Live, but not currently free.
Which brings me to the begging part. I’d greatly appreciate it if you folks would go to the respective Amazon pages, scroll down and click on “tell us about a lower price”, then copy and paste the link (on the right) from one of the free retailers (B&N, Kobo, iBookstore seem to work best).
Here are the Amazon pages:
Thanks, folks. Hopefully this speeds up the process a bit.
Hi Folks – Quick update on Episode Two:
- Barnes & Noble: Available, as of this this morning
- Diesel: Available
- Apple iBookstore: Available
- Kobo: Available
- Google: Still “processing”…
- Sony: Still waiting
And, as of a few hours ago, I hit the “Publish” button on Amazon. So, it should be up shortly. However, it will carry a price tag until I can get them to price match it, and no guarantees on a time frame for that… 🙁
I’ve updated the links to the right to reflect the new retailers.
Hi, folks – Quick update:
- Kobo: Available now.
- Barnes & Noble, Sony, Diesel: Hoping by Friday…
- Google Play & iBookstore: Taking extremely long to process compared to Episode One. Am currently checking to see if there is a problem.
- Amazon: Holding pattern until B&N is up.
So, basically, no change since last Friday…
Just an update on the status of Episode Two.
- Smashwords: Available for download right now.
- Barnes & Noble, Kobo, Sony, Diesel: Just waiting on Smashwords to finish their internal vetting process before they distribute it to these retailers. Honestly, I’m not putting out much hope for it appearing on any of those this week.
- Google Play: Still waiting for Google to process the upload. Taking longer than usual for some reason. Should be this week.
- Apple iBookstore: It’s been sent. Hopefully should appear sometime this week.
Also, a sincere thanks to everyone that’s downloaded the book so far from Smashwords. Remember, if you’ve enjoyed any of my work, please remember to tell a friend, make a Tweet, like me on Facebook, or rent a skywriter, etc.
Also, I’d be most appreciative if you leave a review at whichever site you downloaded the book. 🙂
(June 14th Update: Smashwords finished their internal vetting, and have sent it off to Kobo thus far – am hoping it appears on the Kobo site over the weekend. Not sure why iBookstore is taking so long – hopefully will be there next week. Everything else is in a holding pattern until next week…)
(Update #2: Apparently in the 15 minutes since I wrote that last update, it’s now listed on Kobo.)
It’s done, folks!
Artifice: Episode Two is now available for download on Smashwords!
I’m hoping it works its way through all the other retail channels by the end of the week. If it does, then I can get the Amazon listing done as well.
Thanks, and enjoy!
First, let me apologize for the lack of recent updates.
Secondly, I’ve just received the final revision back from my editor, and am giving it one last once-over tonight and tomorrow. Ideally, I’d prefer to let it sit for a week, then give it one last read to see if I missed anything. However, I know you guys have been waiting a long time for this.
To that end, sometime tomorrow evening or Monday, I’ll start the process of publishing the book online.
Also, because Amazon doesn’t directly allow you to list a ‘free’ book, I’ll be uploading it to the other retailers first. Then, once it’s listed on those sites, I’ll upload to Amazon and try to have them match the price as quickly as possible. I’d rather not have to do that, as I know a lot of you would prefer to have Amazon download the book directly to your Kindle. However, I’d much rather not have you folks end up actually paying for the book by accident. Here’s the sequence of events regarding what’s going to happen, just so everyone’s on the same page:
- Smashwords.com: Book will be available here immediately in all formats.
- Google Play: Should be up almost immediately. Possibly a delay of a day or two.
- Apple, Kobo, B&N: Possibly a delay of up to a week.
- Amazon: Will not be available until it’s already been posted on Apple and B&N. Possibly a delay of up to a few days after that for it to be pricematched to free.
Again, thanks for joining me on this ride, folks. I hope you enjoy Episode Two.