Elephant first. Sorry for what turned out to be blatant lies in that last post. I’ll go into more detail about that in a later post (for real this time).
Just a very quick state-of-the-book update (again, I promise more details shortly):
Sorry, folks, but this is the post I was hoping I wouldn’t have to make.
(Just to clarify – I’m not deceased and this isn’t an auto-post-in-case-I’m-dead sort of thing. The books will keep flowing.)
However, like the subject said, I’ve had to make a tough decision.
To put it succinctly, I’ve decided to delay Artifice: Episode Four until the beginning of January.
I’m well and truly sorry about this, everyone. I really am.
The rationale behind this is as follows: Continue reading
Just re-published the book with the new cover/name/description on Amazon.
Unfortunately, this is what it says for the title:
Strange New World: Artifice: Episode One
How did that happen?
There are two fields in the book details page – “Book Name” and “Subtitle”.
Originally, I only had “Artifice: Episode One” in the “Book Name” field, and “Subtitle was blank. Now, I punched in “Strange New World” in the “Book Name” field, and “Artifice: Episode One” in the “Subtitle” field, thinking that all would be okay.
The slightly frustrating part? I can’t change it for a few more hours – have to wait until the changes have propagated out to all the Amazon stores/sites before I can go back and edit it again…
I’ll change the “Book Title” to “Strange New World (Artifice: Episode One)” tomorrow sometime, and leave “Subtitle” blank.
So, if you’re ever in a spot where you need to do this in the future with one of your books, learn from my lesson.
I promised it, and I’m about to deliver (in about a week or so).
I just submitted a design contest for Artifice: Episode One on 99Designs. We’ll see what magic happens.
Also, if anyone was bored enough to read the brief for the design contest, you’ll also know that Episode One will now have a title of “Strange New World”. I’ll admit that it’s not the most creative or non-cliche title. In any case, it can always be changed if I think of something else during the week.
For those who are curious, Episode Two’s title is still in the air, but I’ve more or less decided on “Oncoming Storm” for Episode Three. Episode Four will be titled “Breached Gates”.
[Edited Dec 11, 2013]
It’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for.
I’ve just submitted Episode Three to all the usual retailers, and it should be live and available for purchase shortly. Here’s a breakdown of what’s happening:
- Smashwords: Currently live and available
Submitted and waiting for their automated vetting process to finish. I’m hoping that this happens before I wake up tomorrow. But, it could possibly take until Thursday. Edit: Now available!
- Kobo: Submitted.
This is the first time I’ve published straight to Kobo, so I’m not sure what to expect. Hopefully before Thursday. Now available as well!
- Barnes & Noble:
This is being distributed to them via a third-party aggregator, and has to go through a vetting process. Unfortunately, that could mean a wait of up to two weeks… Edit: Surprise! Looks like B&N beat Amazon to the punch. Now available.
- Sony, Diesel, iBookstore: See Barnes & Noble above…
Once the majority of the major retailers have it in stock, I’ll be sending out an email to all of you on the New Release Mailing List.
Like it says on the tin, here are a few quick updates before I hit the sack:
- Episode Two is now available on Google Play, but seems to be missing the cover… am looking into this…
- I just realized that this site looked horrible in Internet Explorer due to some wackiness with the WordPress theme – it should now be fixed.
- Episode Two is now available for free on Amazon.co.uk… still waiting for the Amazon.com link to go free.
- Am still looking into implementing some sort of mailing list to keep you guys updated on new releases and such. More on that soon.
Hi Folks – Quick update on Episode Two:
- Barnes & Noble: Available, as of this this morning
- Diesel: Available
- Apple iBookstore: Available
- Kobo: Available
- Google: Still “processing”…
- Sony: Still waiting
And, as of a few hours ago, I hit the “Publish” button on Amazon. So, it should be up shortly. However, it will carry a price tag until I can get them to price match it, and no guarantees on a time frame for that… 🙁
I’ve updated the links to the right to reflect the new retailers.